Warm Up With This Apple Cider
As the temperatures continue to drop this season, you are going to want to warm up with a delightfully, sweet beverage. Forget the coffee and cocoa, you will crave this delicious apple cider. Try this easy recipe for the fall season.
- 10-12 Fresh apples – You can certainly use whichever apples you prefer. The recipe, however, calls for a medley of apples that include Granny Smith and either Gala or Golden Delicious apples.
- 2 Oranges – The oranges help bring out the tarty and citrus flavor that one wants in a cider.
- ½ Cup of Sweetener – Again, you can use the sweetener that you prefer as any will work. Good sweeteners that the recipe suggests are either maple syrup or brown sugar.
- 1 Tablespoon of Cloves
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Pinch of Fresh Ginger (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of Allspice (optional)
- 1 whole nutmeg (optional)
- 16 Cups of Water
Now, there are several ways to make this cider. You can cook it on the stovetop, use a crockpot, or an instant pot. The instructions are all basically the same except that the cook or simmering time will vary.
- Combine the apples, oranges, and spices in either a stockpot on the stove, the crockpot, or the instant pot. Then cover with water.
- The cider will simmer for 2 hours on the stove on medium-low heat.
- The cider will simmer on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- The cider will cook in the Instant Pot for 25 minutes once you have set the valve to ‘Sealing’ and cooking on Manual.
- Mash the apples and oranges once the simmer time is complete and the fruit has softened. You will then let it simmer for a little bit more.
- Once the cider has simmered to the right consistency, you will strain the mixture to remove the solids.
- Then you will sweeten the cider by stirring in the sweetener of your choice.
You might also like: Grab A Sweet Treat At Eileen’s Bakery & Cafe
That’s it. You have a warm and tasty beverage to offer friends and family on a cool fall evening. Your loved ones are going to love this cider that they will certainly ask you to make it more than once this season.
Disclaimer: The stock image is being used for illustrative purposes only, and it is not a direct representation of the business, recipe, or activity listed. Any person depicted in the stock image is a model.